Gov. Andy Beshear, Kentucky State Treasurer Allison Ball, and Seema Sheth of the Federal Reserve Bank of Saint Louis joined the the Kentucky Department of Financial Institutions, the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority, the Kentucky Department of Education, and other members of the Kentucky Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy in a virtual celebration for Kentucky Saves Week, Feb. 21-25, 2022.
They recognized student winners of the University of Kentucky’s Cooperative Extension Service’s Piggy Bank Contest and the second annual Kentucky Saves Week Video contest, sponsored by Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis and the Kentucky Financial Empowerment Commission.
Video Contest Winners
Congratulations to the following winners of the second annual Kentucky Saves Week Video Contest!
- Grades 7-8 – Jonathan Handiboe, Christian Academy of Lawrenceburg
- Grades 9-10 – Hannah King, West Carter High School (Olive Hill)
- Grades 11-12 – Mia Thomas, Campbell County High School (Alexandria)
And congrats the second-place winners!
- Grades 7-8 – Luci Paiva, Homeschool (Campbellsville)
- Grades 9-10 – Catherine Berry, Harrison County Area Technology Center (Paris)
- Grades 11-12 – Beckett Penrod, Campbell County High School (Wilder)
You can view their videos on the Kentucky Jump$tart Coalition’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/KYJumpstart/videos/.
Learn more about Kentucky Saves Week and take the Kentucky Saves Pledge at http://kentuckysaves.org.