Governor Andy Beshear, Kentucky State Treasurer Allison Ball, the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA), the Kentucky Department of Education, the Kentucky Public Protection cabinet and the Kentucky Department of Financial Institutions joined members of the Kentucky Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy in a virtual celebration for Kentucky Saves Week, Feb. 22-26, 2021. They recognized student winners of the University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service’s Piggy Bank Contest and the first Kentucky Saves Week Video Contest, sponsored by the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. Learn more about Kentucky Saves Week and take the Kentucky Saves Pledge at http://kentuckysaves.org. View the Kentucky Saves Week Virtual Celebration below.
Video Contest Student Winners
Congratulations to the following winners of the first annual Kentucky Saves Week Video Contest!
- Grades 5-6 – Precious Mangong, Bowen Elementary School
- Grades 7-8 – Lindsey Duvall, West Hardin Middle School
- Grades 9-10 – Lauren Blackburn, Eastern High School
- Grades 11-12 – Gavin Reisinger and Adriona Gilland, Union County High School
- Honorable Mention – Amanda Morrow, Garrard County High School
- Honorable Mention – Chelsey Ray, Livingston High School
- Honorable Mention – Sophie Thomas, Eastern High School
You can view their videos below!
GRADES 9-10 WINNER – LAUREN BLACKBURN